Sunday, January 3, 2010


Empower Your Customer With Bad News
I wasted 10 minutes on a day when I was already behind at my local McDonald’s. When I finally got to the point where I could order, I was informed that they were accepting cash only. I had no cash.
It would have been so nice if they had stuck a sign on any of the trash cans, newspaper boxes, etc that said “Only accepting cash, sorry for the inconvienience, we are working on it.” They didn’t, and allowed me to waste my time in line. Thanks Ronald.
Don’t be afraid to tell your customer news they may not want to hear. My favorite example is the Cable person. They say “I’ll be there between 9 and 4.” You hope they arrive at 9:30, but you ist and wait and wait till 2:30 when they show up. You can’t get upset because they are in the alloted time. Wouldn’t it have been better if instead of saying “between 9 and 4″ they said, “We can’t get their until at least 2 o’clock.” While you would be dissapointed, you could do something with your morning instead of sit and wait for the cable installer.
Empower your customer, and allow them to make informed decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment